- Upcoming Events
- 3/9/2024 - Saturday - Second Saturday Hike at Indian River Park
- 3/21/2024 - Thursday - Bi-Monthly Meeting: Chesapeake Comprehensive Planning
- 3/23/2024 - Saturday - Great American Cleanup along Indian River Road
- Tree Pledge
- Tree Bills
- January Recap
- Spring Membership Drive
- 9 am to 11 am
- Location: Meet at the Indian River Park entrance at Rokeby Ave. and Main St. (2001 Rokeby Ave.) which is located just south of Military Highway, i.e. across Military Highway from the Fire Station.
- Join us for a walk in the park. Learn about the history of the park, the native trees and plants in this century old forest on the Indian River flood plain, and its value to maintaining the health of local butterfly, bird, and wildlife populations. Note: the forest trail has uneven surfaces and minor elevation changes.
- Please pre-register at https://forms.gle/8mBXSpK1QcjWvETF7 (suggested but not required)
- Location: Oaklette United Methodist Church, 520 Oaklette Drive
- Our guest speaker will be Kevin Finn with the Chesapeake Planning Department. He will give us an update on the Comprehensive Planning efforts currently underway in the City including updates to the core "Comp Plan", the Greenbrier Area Planning Study, and the Trails and Connectivity Plan. This is an opportunity to provide feedback to the City on their planning efforts.
- We will also hold a brief Business Meeting to review and approve our 2024 budget.
- All are welcome. There will be light refreshments.
- Meet at side parking lot at Post Office, 3810 Indian River Road
- We need your help for our quarterly cleanup. Join us for a few hours to clean up the mile of Indian River Road from the city limits at Wingfield Avenue all the way to MacDonald Road. We are also asking all business owners along Indian River Road - and everywhere really - to make sure they sweep up in front of their storefronts as part of the effort. And if you can't make it out for our organized cleanup please take 15 minutes and cleanup the street and ditches in front of your home; pass the word to your neighbors!
- For our main cleanup on Indian River Road, the city will provide garbage bags and orange safety vests. Please wear closed-toe shoes, a hat and bring work gloves and other items that may be useful. Participants under 18 years of age must have adult supervision.
- Please pre-register at https://forms.gle/vhudKYahWNLMwtCb8 (suggested but not required)
|Benefit of Trees graphic from the Nature Conservancy
|March Tree of the Month -
Southern Magnolia at Rokeby Center
Spring Membership Drive