The Friends of Indian River is sponsoring a $500 Education Scholarship for a current Indian River High School senior who will be a college freshman next year. The scholarship will recognize a senior who excels in leadership, citizenship, extracurricular activities and academics. All completed applications must be returned to the IRHS Scholarship Coordinator and then given to the Indian River High School Awards Committee for final selection of the recipient.
Requirements for Eligible applicants:
1. Must be accepted to a four year or two- year college planning to major in an Environmental Sciences/Policy curriculum or a related field, including biological or physical major (including but not limited to Ecology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Soil Science, Geology, Atmospheric Science and Geography), or a social science, with a goal of studying the environment and;
2. Must have at least one recommendation from an IRHS faculty member and;
3. Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
Completed Applications must include:
1. The attached Friends of Indian River Education Scholarship Application Form.
2. Letter(s) of recommendation from IRHS faculty member
3. A Summary of high school community and extracurricular activities, awards/special recognitions or Offices you have received or held during high school; or resume.
4. A 250-word essay discussing what you consider to be the most pressing environmental issue the United States is facing today.
Applications are due to Mr. Timothy Hargrove, IRHS Scholarship Coordinator, by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Winners will be announced at the Senior Awards Assembly on May 21, 2020.