Future Meetings and Events
- Location: Indian River Park entrance
at Rokeby Ave. and Main St. (2003 Rokeby Ave.) which is located just south of Military Highway, i.e. across Military Highway from the Fire Station.
- Learn about the history of the park, the native trees and plants in this century old forest on the Indian River flood plain, and its value to maintaining the health of local butterfly, bird, and wildlife populations. Note: the forest trail has uneven surfaces and minor elevation changes.
- Please pre-register at https://forms.gle/QkT4zMCSCuDvUnxbA (suggested but not required)
- Time: 9:00 am to Noon
- Location: Meet at Lilac Avenue and Indian River Road. Park along Lilac Avenue by the Norfolk Highlands Primary School. It is a No Parking zone along Oleander Avenue (parallel to Indian River Road).
- As part of the International Coastal Cleanup, we will be cleaning up around and underneath the Indian River - Oaklette Bridge and the site of the future Blue Heron Landing Park.
- The city will provide garbage bags and orange safety vests. We encourage folks to bring their own water in reusable bottles to minimize use of plastic bottles.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes, a hat and bring work gloves and other items that may be useful. We also always encourage folks to bring their own water in reusable bottles to minimize use of plastic bottles. Participants under 18 years of age must have adult supervision.
- Please pre-register at https://forms.gle/TTTv6DstLrFboqpa9
- If have access to the Indian River and are interested in "paddling up" to this cleanup with your own canoe or kayak, please reach out to us in advance at email@example.com
- Location: Oaklette United Methodist Church, 520 Oaklette Drive
- This meeting will be a forum to learn about and discuss how to get the most out of the Elizabeth River Project's River Star Homes program. We'll have a representative from the ERP attending and we'll have existing River Stars in attendance to talk about the benefits of participation and how the program can help the entire community.
- We'll also have the latest community news and updates!