Future Meetings and Events
- Meet at Lilac Avenue and Indian River Road. Park along Lilac Avenue by the Norfolk Highlands Primary School
- We need your help for our quarterly cleanup. Join us for a few hours to clean up the mile of Indian River Road from the city limits at Wingfield Avenue all the way to MacDonald Road. We are also asking all business owners along Indian River Road - and everywhere really - to make sure they sweep up in front of their storefronts as part of the effort. And if you can't make it out for our organized cleanup please take 15 minutes and cleanup the street and ditches in front of your home; pass the word to your neighbors!
- For our main cleanup on Indian River Road, the city will provide garbage bags and orange safety vests. Please wear closed-toe shoes, a hat and bring work gloves and other items that may be useful. Participants under 18 years of age must have adult supervision.
- To save time and allow for better social distancing, please pre-register at https://forms.gle/GjBDAVuBdUJzecKs9
- It's the weekend of the Great Backyard Bird Count, a worldwide effort to identify the distribution of birds; as part of this we'll be leading a guided bird walk around the lake between the Indian River Community/Rec Center and the High School.
- From 8:30 am to 10:30 am. Meet at the Indian River Community Center, 2250 Old Greenbrier Rd.
- When scouting the site, a variety of birds were spotted including Cormorants, Mallards, Pied-Bill Grebe, Bluebirds, - Yellow-Rumped Warblers, Woodpeckers, and more.
- We'll have some binoculars and a spotting scope, but do bring your own if you have some!
- Please pre-register at https://forms.gle/8nLaBXvwvV7PpTyk7
- 8:30 am to 10:30 am
at Rokeby Ave. and Main St. (2003 Rokeby Ave.) which is located just south of Military Highway, i.e. across Military Highway from the Fire Station.
- Learn about the history of the park, the native trees and plants in this century old forest on the Indian River flood plain, and its value to maintaining the health of local butterfly, bird, and wildlife populations. Note: the forest trail has uneven surfaces and minor elevation changes.
- Please pre-register at https://forms.gle/2GHEESxYvZvKhfaZ7
- 7 pm, Oaklette United Methodist Church, 520 Oaklette Drive
- Our guest speaker is TBD
- We'll also have the latest community news and updates!