In this month's issue, we have:
- Upcoming Events
- Virtual Monthly Meeting - Indian River Small Area Plan - Thurs, 3/18
- Great American Cleanup @ Indian River Civic Campus - Sat, 3/27
- Adopt-A-Park @ Indian River Park - Sat, 4/10
- Future Dates
- Other News
- Virginia Trees for Clean Water Grant Award
- Proposed zoning change for Used Car Dealership
- Indian River High School Scholarship
- Pop-up Nature Program at Plymouth Park, Wed, 3/24
- Agape Feast Community Meals for the Homeless
- Action Alert: Chesapeake Bay Preservation Area
- Conservation Landscape Funding
Location: Zoom Meeting, Pre-register
Our guest speaker will be Benajamin Camras from the Chesapeake Planning Department and we'll review the latest on the Indian River Small Area Plan. This will be an opportunity to provide feedback on the proposed plan.
We'll have updates on the latest community news and hold a brief business meeting to approve our budget for 2021-2022.
Location: Indian River Library,
2320 Old Greenbrier Rd
The Chesapeake Environmental Improvement Council and Green Drinks Chesapeake will be hosting a cleanup at the Indian River "Civic Campus" (the area around the Community Center, Middle School, Library, High School, and Lake).
at Rokeby Ave. and Main St. (2001 Rokeby Ave.) which is located just south of Military Highway, i.e. across Military Highway from the Fire Station.
Participants under 18 years of age must have adult supervision.
All participants should follow Covid-19 safety precautions. If you are sick or have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 please stay home and contact your doctor's office for care and proper quarantine procedures. Masks must be worn properly during the cleanup. Strive to maintain a minimum physical distance of six feet from others not in your household. Wear gloves during the cleanup and sanitize your hands before removing your mask and/or touching your face
To speed up registration and improve social distancing at the start of the cleanup, please review and complete the online safety release form at least one day before the event.
Rain date: April 17
- Monthly Meeting - Steven Traylor, Norfolk City Forester discussing importance of trees in urban environments - Thurs, 4/15
- Monthly Meeting - Topic TBD - Thurs, 5/20
- Clean the Bay Day - Tentative - Indian River Park, Sat, 6/5
- Monthly Meeting - Topic TBD - Thurs, 6/17