- Indian River Park Small Area Plan Virtual Meeting
- Other News
- Census 2020
- Local Election on May 19; Absentee Ballot Information
The Indian River Small Area Plan is going virtual to collect community input on the vision for our area's future. From May 11 thru May 25, the Chesapeake Planning Department will be hosting a "virtual community meeting" online to get your feedback. By visiting the website, you will be able to
- listen to and view an audio-visual presentation about study
- review information collected about existing conditions of the community, and
- provide input by
- completing an online survey to indicate your top priorities, and
- use an interactive map to identify and comment on specific spots in the community that you like/want to preserver and dislike/want to change and improve; this last tool is a good way to give detailed input. (Use the "Add To The Map" link on the menu above the map to add markers and comments to the map).
- Friends of Indian River Monthly Meeting - May 21
- Clean The Bay Day - June 2
If you haven't yet filled out your Census survey, please do it now. It only takes about 10 minutes online and it's very important that everyone gets counted. This head count determines our representation in Congress, helps to make sure we get a fair share of funding, and provides vital statistics used for all kinds of analysis and planning. https://2020census.gov/
Local elections for City Council and School Board have been rescheduled to Tuesday, May 19. Due to the COVID-19 outbeak, everyone is eligible for absentee voting. You can request an absentee ballot online or by mail. See https://www.elections.virginia.gov/casting-a-ballot/absentee-voting/ for details; the deadline for requesting an absentee ballot is Tuesday, May 12.