Monday, March 16, 2020
Friends of Indian River Cancellations
Following recommendations from the Virginia Department of Health and working with our partners, all our locally related events are cancelled for the rest of March. All the local libraries and community centers are also closed.
- Indian River Park Trail Planning Meeting on Monday, March 16 will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Indian River Small Area Plan Public Meeting has not been scheduled yet.
- Rokeby Garden Club Meeting on Wednesday, March 18 is cancelled; the talk topic will be rescheduled for a later meeting. The gardening class on Friday, April 3 is also cancelled.
- Friends of Indian River Monthly Meeting on Thursday, March 19 is cancelled. The organization's business meeting will be handled at a future meeting.
- Tree Planting at Plymouth Park on Saturday, March 21 is cancelled.
Please stay safe during these times of elevated concern and help "flatten the curve". "Social distancing is still one of the best ways we have to combat the spread of the virus," said Dr. Demetria Lindsay with the Virginia Beach Health Department. The fewer interactions between people, the slower and less likely is the spread of the coronavirus. Remember to wash your hands often and thoroughly (at least 20 seconds), cover coughs and sneezes with your sleeve, and stay home if you are sick. On a positive note, parks and natural areas remain open for individual activities.
For official up-to-date information on COVID-19 and protection tips, visit
net/government/city- departments/departments/fire/ emergman/covid19.htm