- Saturday, August 4th, 2012: Cleanup along Indian River Road
- 8:00 am to 10:00 am
- Meet at Oaklette United Methodist Church, 520 Oaklette Drive, Chesapeake, VA
- We'll be cleaning up 1 mile of Indian River Road from the city limits at Wingfield Avenue all the way to MacDonald Road. This will help to spruce up the area, collect trash that will otherwise get washed into the river and impact wildlife, and give us the opportunity to interact with residents and businesses along Indian River Road.
- The city will provide garbage bags and orange safety vests. We'll have water and a few snacks available. Please wear closed-toe shoes, a hat and bring work gloves and other items that may be useful. Participants under 18 years of age must have adult supervision.
- Contact us for more info. Please RSVP to email@example.com
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Indian River Road Cleanup on 8/4
Please join the Friends of Indian River for our quarterly cleanup along Indian River Road on Saturday, August 4th. Help keep our neighborhood looking good. Also, the trash we pick up means less plastic, styrofoam, and other debris floating in our waters, entangling wildlife, and entering our food chain. I hope you can join us: