Please join the Friends of Indian River for the Great American Cleanup this Saturday. We'll be working along Indian River Road. The trash we pick up means less plastic, styrofoam, and other debris floating in our waters, entangling wildlife, and entering our food chain. It also helps set an example for others. By starting in our own neighborhood, we can make a significant contribution towards improving the quality of the Chesapeake Bay while improving the quality of our community. I hope you can join us:
- Saturday, April 28th, 2012: Cleanup along Indian River Road as part of the Great American Cleanup
- 8:30 am to 11:30 am
- Meet at Oaklette United Methodist Church, 520 Oaklette Drive, Chesapeake, VA
- We'll be cleaning up 1 mile of Indian River Road from the city limits at Wingfield Avenue all the way to MacDonald Road. This will help to spruce up the area, collect trash that will otherwise get washed into the river and impact wildlife, and give us the opportunity to interact with residents and businesses along Indian River Road.
- The city will provide garbage bags and orange safety vests, please bring gloves, rakes, brooms and other items that may be useful. Participants under 15 years of age must have adult supervision.
- Contact us for more info. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.